Red's Diner Covid-19 Safety Protocols
If you’re like us, you’re fed up with being isolated at home. We’ve taken every precaution to offer a safe place to enjoy your breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Sit on our patio in the safety of the fresh air, or inside with enough distance between you and the friendly strangers sitting close by. (But not too close!)
Not ready to venture out? Red’s is happy to make your favourite meals for pickup. Just order online from our takeout menu, and you can enjoy Red’s at home, whether you’re having a cozy breakfast in bed, or gathering with friends for lunch on your own patio.
At Red’s Diners in Calgary, we encourage the public to continue to maintain the current guidelines and standards provided by the Canadian CDC and local health departments. Together, we can #flattenthecurve.
Here’s how we’re keeping our customers and staff safe:
- Please wait outside and our friendly host will come out to greet you. You’ll see the bright tape marking safe distances to wait from.
- Sorry, no groups over six people per table. (And yes, babies are separate people.)
- Menus are online to reduce your exposure, but we also have single-use menus printed on recycled paper.
- Tabletop condiments and preset water and cutlery have been eliminated. Your server will deliver what you need.
- All staff members are temperature checked before starting work.
- Staff are trained in physical distancing and will ensure your safety when you visit.
- Hand hygiene is more important than ever. In addition to 20-30 second handwashing, we’ve increased our frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- All work surfaces are wiped down at least once an hour, and seating areas are carefully sanitized between use.
- Contactless pay systems are available, and terminals are cleaned after each transaction.
According to the Canadian CDC, "Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person to person through respiratory droplets. Currently, there is no evidence to support the transmission of COVID-19 associated with food."